Monitor Issues. Come On Guys I know Your Smart!!!

Reaction score
So I have a LG LCD monitor. Heres My Setup

Macbook<<<<<<<(A) [Monitor Switch Box] (B)>>>>>>>>Compaq Desktop

Obviously the switch box is connected to the monitor. Here's where my problem occurs.

When I run dual screen on my Mac I have no problem what-so-ever. It's works flawlessly.

So Now I flip the switch to the B side for the Windows computer and when I first instaleld the switch box it worked, wasn't as clear as the mac but thats not the point. Now when I boot up the monitor goes into "Analog Power Saving Mode"

This is not a problem with the hardware, it could be a software issue, but I dont know why it would work now all of a sudden stop working. Any ideas on how to fix the problem I believe from all my troubleshooting that it's a settings issue.

This is one more reason why windows sucks. The mac configured this monitor right away and it makes it so easy. Obviously windows would douche on the monitor just to create some more problems.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What model MacBook? If it's the late model MacBook (like mine) it uses the Intel GMA X3100 graphics chip set. The Windows drivers included with Leopard for the GMA X3100 are not the latest. Go to the Intel web site and download the latest Windows drivers. That will resolve the resolution problem and might help to restart the monitor in VGA mode when you switch it back to the B side. Worth a try. BTW, a new monitor with both DVI and VGA inputs would work. :$

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.