Printer Settings

Reaction score
I finally have my printer working... My printer is wired to my xp machine & I can print via my wifi from my macbook... but I cannot adjust my printers settings... My printer is setup in XP to print in the Econo mode by default... prints faster & saves ink... but I cannot figure out ** w to set this up in OSX ... Even when I go to print I cannot find an option for "Best, Normal, Econo" It is a HP DeskJet 895 Cse & I d/l the drivers from HP for OSX, but in the printers section under System Preferences it still says im using the "gutenprint" or w/e... any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
I finally have my printer working... My printer is wired to my xp machine & I can print via my wifi from my macbook... but I cannot adjust my printers settings... My printer is setup in XP to print in the Econo mode by default... prints faster & saves ink... but I cannot figure out ** w to set this up in OSX ... Even when I go to print I cannot find an option for "Best, Normal, Econo" It is a HP DeskJet 895 Cse & I d/l the drivers from HP for OSX, but in the printers section under System Preferences it still says im using the "gutenprint" or w/e... any ideas?

When you click on print it brings you to a menu where you can choose the paper size, number of copies, etc.. below the "orientation" option there should be a drop down bar.. click on it and look for "Quality and Media".. there should be a section called "Print Mode".. click on "detailed settings" there you should be able to tell the printer to go for quality or for speed. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.