Tm+tc

Reaction score
so... 2 quick questions..
1. is it possible to make the range of wireless network my time capsule spits out lengthened or maximized?
2. can i make time machine back up only ONCE once amonth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
1. I don't think there are many routers out there that allow you to boost the power to the wireless connection, and though I have no experience with them, I doubt the Airport Extreme will contain such an option. I will let somebody else answer this more definitively.

2. Is it that you simply want it to backup once a month or that you only want monthly backups available for the future? If it's the latter, then you should know that how Time Machine works is that it'll backup your system hourly, then consolidate them into daily backups, then weekly, and when you've have the backup running for a while, monthly. So ultimately it'll end up being monthly anyway. However, if you're looking to do the former, then I believe there is a Terminal command, though I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.