Photoshop Printing Help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac with 2GB of RAM
I have been trying almost everything to get this and cant figure it out. I am funning a iMac with photoshop CS3 and a Canon iP 3500. I am trying to print out some images on some 4x7 paper for a friend and when I print them out it looks like there is a fog or something over my image. The colors look great on my monitor and I put the printer to let photoshop manage the colors but they still print out with really dull colors. Does anyone know how I can change this?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
What color profile are you using? Adobe RGB, sRGB, your camera's color profile? Sounds like a misinterpretation of colors. The quality and whiteness of your paper can also contribute to dulling the colors. But my first thought is a color profile being misinterpreted by your printer.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac with 2GB of RAM
Thanks for the help I am using the working RGB but even when I switch it to the Adobe 1998 the colors are still really dull

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you selected the right type of paper, the paper type settings really effect how much ink an injet lays down, try and match the settings to the type of paper

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
i had similar problems with CS2 and starting dragging the photo to the desktop and using the printer driver that came with my Canon iP4300. the pictures have been perfect. I have to let them dry overnight. the ink seems to "settle" and the picture looks better when left flat to dry.

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.