VMWare Tools installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 14", M2 Pro, 32GB RAM
In my XP install, the VMWare Tools icon is active in the tray, and opens a program window. The Virtual Machine menu on OSX still has an "Install VMWare Tools" option, which when clicked, seems to do nothing other than change to "Cancel VMWare Tools install". It will remain in that state as long as I leave it.

Exit Fusion/Windows, and then come back...the menu says "Install VMWare Tools" again, but it's still available in Windows with the tray icon and all.

***?

Tom

Reaction score
Don't worry about it. If your VM does NOT have VMWTs installed, or has an outdated version, you'll get a message in the bottom LEFT hand side of your VM taskbar which says either "VMWare Tools Not Installed" (plus a pop-up reminder), or "VMWare Tools Outdated" or some such. I have noticed the same thing. Don't worry about it if you have the VMWT icon in the tray and aren't otherwise seeing the message.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.