At my wits end.

Reaction score
This problem has been plagueing me since last christmas and I still come back to it to try to solve it with no avail... Please offer any advice you can and ask any questions you like.

I'm attempting to connect to the internet on vista 64bit through botcamp on a partition on my Macbook Pro.

The connection is WEP secured, after I enter my WEP it connects with 'limited access', I have no idea how to get around this problem. I need to use vista for Zbrush and some other programs and I hate to be trapped in it with no internet conection.

I've tried my best with following some similar solutions online, my device manager says my drivers are up to date.

If anyone can shed any light please help.

OP
F
Reaction score
Dumped vista.

I'v decided to try to eradicate windows from my pipeline, sick to death of it.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
did you try to switch to WPA, or make sure you're entring your WEP correctly (all caps, etc)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
How about paying $60 or so to install Parallels, the networking would pass-through basically and be ultra-easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
If you use an Airport base station as your router, I've found Vista won't always accept your WEP passphrase. You have to either enter the full hexadecimal passphrase, OR use a WEP Passphrase that is either 5 characters in length (if you are using 40-bit encryption) or use 13 characters if you are using 128-bit encryption. ie: 40-bit phrase AIRPT or 128-bit phrase AIRPORTEXTREM

It has to do with the calculations to get the hexadecimal wep code derived from the plain text phrase you type in - sometimes it doesn't always translate between software/hardware manufacturers.

I get this problem sometimes in Mac/PC hybrid wireless networks. Especially with older wireless equipment, but doing this usually does the trick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 prev. gen MB with a 350hd. 1 20inch previous iMac. Both run SL jailbroken 1st gen ipod touc. &3g i
parallels

great torrents for parallels out there even xp or vista. i wont say where but uh :cough:: ::cough:: walk the plank, arg matie, ::cough:: ::cough::

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.