• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

2 questions... Mac Mail and iPhone

Reaction score
First question:

I have a problem and I'm hoping someone on this board can help me. Two days ago, my Macbook refused to start. I took it to the local Apple store, hoping they could fix the problem, but in the end, the problem was the hard-drive.

The problem I'm having now is that I want to sync everything on my iPhone BACK to my Macbook with the new, empty hard drive. But I'm afraid that when I plug my iPhone in, it'll try and do it in reverse, and thus, erase what is on my iPhone and leave me completely empty.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on that?

And, for the second question, I'm hopping over to Mail on my Macbook.

I want to know if there is any way to limit the number of messages that show in your inbox. Like how the iPhone limits it to 200... Because I just added my e-mail accounts to this new hard drive, and now I have like 24,000 e-mails in my inbox.

Thanks in advance,
-Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.