Running WinXP, but no internet/bluetooth?

Reaction score
I've installed Windows XP on my MBP and it seems to work fine, with the exception of internet and bluetooth. I put in my leopard disc to install the drivers and that didn't make any difference. When I go to set up wireless internet, it gives me some confusing list of directions to fiddle around with my router. Can't I just select the network and be done with it?

As for the bluetooth, i'm trying to set up my wireless mighty mouse and it brings me to a window where I have to choose some id number or something, and I choose the option to not use a number. Then, the next window asks me for the number. What?

Thanks for any help, this is getting really frustrating.

P.S.- I am planning to install Windows Vista in the near future. I have some PC games that I want to play, but if I install them on WinXP right now, will I be able to install them on Vista when I get that? Or is it one of those things where you can only use the key code once?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G
I installed XP on my MacBook Pro and used wireless and my bluetooth mouse fine. I would try un-installing the drivers and re-installing them with the leopard disk.

As for your question about Vista, I would strongly discourage "upgrading" to Vista. I had vista on my Mac and "downgraded"(I would call it upgrading) back to XP because most of the games I wanted to play did not work with vista. Plus I had other compatibility problems with school stuff.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I've used Boot camp and installed Windows XP once and Windows Vista once, all drivers worked / work just fine for me. Did you manually install each driver or used the Boot Camp Auto-Run Drivers Install feature? Because that's what you have to do. Tap-to-click will not work fine though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.