Bizzare Network Problem.

Reaction score
Okay... so I just bought a second hand macbook and installed leopard. I am at home (i live in a share house) and Airport cannot find my network in the list of networks.

Because i live in a densely populated area, I can pick up 4 other networks and can even connect to one that doesn't have any security.

The weird thing is that my girlfriends older macbook with leopard can see all the networks I can see and our network. (Thats how i'm on the net now)

The only difference appears to be that in "About this Mac" her airport has" Wireless Card Locale: Worldwide"

While mine has "Wireless Card Locale: USA"

By the way I live in Australia and apparently (from the guy i got it off) it was bought in Aus.

I would really appreciate any help

Thanks in advance

Dan

OP
F
Reaction score
Sorry I've already tried to go "other Networks" and type in the name and the WPA password and it either says (depending on which road I take) "connection timeout" or "name of the network or password is incorrect" (or something like that)

Sorry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.