• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Open Source is in Danger!

D

dmonk

//-------------clipping from www.apache.org-------------------
if you go to Apache's home site you will find the following notice

On September 1st the European Commission is going to vote a revised version of the European Patentability rules. The proposed revision contains a set of serious challenges to Open Source development since regulation regarding software patents will be broadly extended and might forbid independent development of innovative (Open Source and not) software-based solutions.

The European Open Source community is very concerned about the upcoming new regulation and has organized a demo protest for August 27, asking Open Source supporting sites to change their home pages to let everyone know what is going on at the European Parliament. The Apache Software Foundation has decided to support this initiative, and this is why you are seeing this page.

For further information please see http://swpat.ffii.org and http://petition.eurolinux.org. You will be redirected automatically to the Apache homepage in 60 seconds (or continue on to www.apache.org).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moved since it has nothing to do with the Xserve hardware

OP
D

dmonk

Gracias

schweb :

Thanks for keeping the forum tidy.

I did consider where to put this message before posting it. But this was the only forum that mentioned "server" in the forum description (unless I missed something).

Where should I post apache related messages in the future ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No problem. At this point I would recommend putting it here. If traffic for server software were to pick up, then we could think about creating another forum for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.