Its not working

Reaction score
Hey

i have a macbook running tiger and i cant seem to get a stable signal to any of my routers. i recently setup a belkin N-router like 20 feet from my mac and i am getting a crappy signal. the icon in the tool bar reads 4 bars but the service i am getting is terrible. switching between using interference robustness and not using it sometimes speeds it up then goes slow again. if i plug my mac into the router i get full speed with no dropping of signal. also my other laptop a HP with windows xp gets it just fine and can stream videos. how do i fix this problem! its driving me nuts.

thanks augie

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i don't believe all macbooks were rated N - are you sure it works with N?

also, i'm not sure how N differs from G, but can you try a different "channel" in the wireless router settings? maybe you're hitting some intereference?

OP
A
Reaction score
hey
i believe my mac has n capabilites even if it does not the route puts out all of the speeds a/b/g/n so i should have service no matter what. i will try changing channels.

thanks augie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.