• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Login Screen Mod

R

rgcraig

Ok I am attempting to change my login screen... Not the boot screen but the screen where i input user name and pwd .....
I have already looked in system>librabry>coreservices>systemstarter>quartzdisplay.bundle and the pdf i am looking for is not there! anyone have any other ideas?

OP
D

Danster

Open system-library-core services-systemstarter_folder control click on the quartzDisplay.bundle icon then click on the show package contents. in the resulting window open the resources folder and there is the startup and login screen pdf you can swap that or edit it in photoshop.

OP
D

Danster

To change the login scren you have to bypass the Mac OS X security shield you can go about it in three different ways.

Restart in Mac OS 9, if your Mac is capable of it. Doing so bypasses the objections you'll get from Mac OS X as you try to hack the system settings.

You can log in as the Root account user.

Command +drag the icon you want outta the system folder, edit a copy of it
(preserve the original just in case) and then command +drag it back into place.

PS. When you drag OS X promts you to enter your administrators name + pass when you start to drag an icon

I hope this helps :p

Reaction score
Danster said:
that is the login graphic as well

:alien:

I did what you said and I changed the pdf. It changed the Loading screen graphic but it did not change the login graphic. What else can I do.

OP
D

Danster

hmm do you want to redesign the entire window using the interface builder?

Picture 1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.