• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

DV Camera Transfer to Mac need Help!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
I purchased a Canon Elura 60 from my cousin for a reasonable price. It didnt come with any manuals so I am kinda left in the dark. Anyways after filming for the holidays I tried to download to computer and nothing. I tried to open up IMovie and nothing didnt recognize my camera. Then I thought is there something on the camera that I turn on to download to my Mac or what???? I called him and he wasnt much help because he never used the camera pretty much the reason why I bought it from him.. Any suggestions???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
some cameras do need to be turned on to transfer files to the mac, also, id it even mac compatible? if it is, go to canon.com and download the drivers for the camera and install them.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe that the Canon Elura 60is a movie camera, so you don't need to download any drivers. All you need to do is connect if via the firewire port. Turn it on to vcr mode, then start iMovie. iMovie should then see the camera. All you need to is press the import button.

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rman said:
I believe that the Canon Elura 60is a movie camera, so you don't need to download any drivers. All you need to do is connect if via the firewire port. Turn it on to vcr mode, then start iMovie. iMovie should then see the camera. All you need to is press the import button.
That's what I did I powered it up and nothing happened. I had the power switch on but maybe that was the problem Instead of power switch maybe I should have switched it to playback mode.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Play back mode should be vcr mode. You should be able to go to the Canon system and download a user's manual.

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rman said:
Play back mode should be vcr mode. You should be able to go to the Canon system and download a user's manual.
I hope that is the problem that had it on power instead of Vcr play back. The worst thing is to buy something and not have it functioning properly. What a buzz kill!

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fella! Once again thatnk you for replying to me questions. I figured out the problem. I didnt have it set on VCR playback mode like RMan suggested. This prevented the Mac from not seeing the camera.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.