Putting Linux on Mac

Reaction score
Hey there.

I have been thinking about partitioning my Macbook so I could put Linux onto my computer. I am a little nervous to do it as I am worried about screwing up the computer and wrecking it, if anything wrong to happen.

So I am wondering if there is someone here who has done it already. I just want to know how well it worked, whether there were problems, is it safe for the computer? And if possible, sort of walk through instructions on doing it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.4 Ghz, Core 2 duo, 4Gb RAM, 320 GB HD
OP
Y
Reaction score
Thanks a lot!

I have the VMware downloading right now. I will try out Ubuntu through that first. I will let you know how it all goes out.

If I decide to put it right onto my hard drive later on, do you know how to do that properly, i partitioned an old windows laptop before but i sort of forgot exactly how to do that.

OP
Y
Reaction score
okay. so i have both downloaded now. it started running itself but i wasn't sure what i was exactly doing.. what am i really supposed to be doing now then with it? is it possible to get some instruction?

Reaction score
Instruction on Ubuntu or Linux generally is really beyond what we can do here. For info, support, documentation and forums on Ubuntu, start at www.ubuntu.com. What you do with it is what you do with any other operating system - run programs. Start by playing around with what's there and you'll start getting a feel for it.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.