Imac wont recognise my webcam

Reaction score
Hello

I have a problem with my Imac and web cam

i own the logitec wuick cam pro 4000 so i can do stop motion animation because while its not the cheapest or the most expensive its the best i can afford for what i need as i hate using the DV camera i have

everything was working fine but for some reason the Imac does not recognise the camera anymore i plug it in i use the software that came with the camera to check its working everything seems fine but i open the software i use t capture the pictures and the camera does not appear in the camera selection menu

ive tired my Dv camera and that works fine with the software i had this problem before but it seemed to fix itself however its not fixing itself this time

i am not very experienced with Macs so dont know how to do any of the complicated problem solving

any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Raven

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry i posted this in the wrong section could it be moved to the right one please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
OP
R
Reaction score
i have that program should i try uninstalling then reinstalling it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
What version have you? The latest is 0.9.2. I guess a complete uninstall might work, but use a third-party application like CleanApp to get macam preference files etc out of the system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.