• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A long rant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Yeah...this is really long, just warning you guys...lol
You know it’s bad when you watch your father’s girlfriend fill her 32oz. cup with almost all vodka and a pinch of Hawaiian Punch.
You know it’s bad when you watch your father’s girlfriend fill her 32oz. cup with almost all rum and a punch of Hawaiian Punch 40 minutes later.
You know it’s bad when the hallway reeks of pot 5 minutes after your father’s girlfriend has closed herself in their bedroom.
You know it’s bad when it’s 12:12AM and your father is gone, presumably to go find his drunken girlfriend which he let drive his car even though she was completely obliterated.

What does all of this mean? I am bittersweet finding another woman for my father. Yes he was lonely without a woman, but is he truly better off with this woman right now with all the headaches she brings? Perhaps the most symbolic reference of her madness came on my birthday. Apparently she was going to “Take me out to dinner on my birthday.” (You’ll see why I put that in quotes later.) Okay, cool so I’m going to a Chinese restaurant even though I don’t care for Chinese and it destroys my intestines. So it’s 7:30 PM and my dad and I are waiting on her to meet us at the house so we can go. However she’s out doing errands (Allegedly) with one of her friends saying “Yeah give me another half an hour.” It’s now 8PM and my dad is of course complaining up a storm about her saying “Oh she’s always doing stuff like this for her friends, never comes home on time bla bla bla.” he calls her and she says she is on her way and she’ll meet us there. So we’re at the restaurant waiting for her and she finally strolls in around 845 or so after us waiting there for almost a half an hour. I get my food a little after, eat, and all is good...right? Hmmm the bill is $80-. Who pays for it? My father. Look, I understand it’s a nice gesture to take me out to dinner and stuff, but I’d rather have $80 worth of food at home that I can gorge myself on and not feel my innards ripping me apart. Not to mention I thought SHE was taking me out to dinner which means SHE would pay for the bill????? (Which of course made a fun ride home let me tell you...Oh yeah I drove home alone too while they were out galavanting. (Once again, I’m not complaining about them going out, it’s the symbolism - the fact it’s all about her even on my birthday.) So after a nice, awkward dinner I was home and that was my birthday. Once they finally got home, I asked her if she could shave my head into a mohawk which would’ve taken all of 10 minutes in which she replied “Hunny I’m too stoned to do that. I’ll do it 1st thing tomorrow for you.”
Today was quite interesting. She left at 12 this morning to go over her friend’s house probably to get plastered. She didn’t get home until 430PM and she said to me “I didn’t forget about you Jaguar, (About my hair) I’ll see how tonight goes otherwise I’ll do it first thing in the morning.”..Alright fine, whatever...At this point I’ll just pay for someone to do my hair. So I’m just watching her pound Vodka and Rum. At about 9 I hear her get in my dad’s mustang and drive off. I think to myself “Gee but you’re okay enough to go drive to go get messed up even more...” Well it’s 12 and I go into my dad’s bedroom to get another pack of cigarettes and I notice he’s gone...Where could he be now? Well he’s probably out trying to find his drunken girlfriend. Sure enough a couple of minutes ago I hear him on the phone saying “I have no idea where she is. She told me she was going over Andrea’s, I stopped over there and she wasn’t there.” . Is she cheating on my dad? No, I don’t think she would be that stupid to do that but who knows? Is she hooked on drugs again? Probably, but at this point I really don’t care. This is getting so annoying it’s pathetic. I honestly feel like I’m living with an out of control, 17 year old girl. I can’t focus on anything because there’s ALWAYS drama when she’s here, in one form or another and stuff like this just drives me up a wall. How in the world am I supposed to be able to concentrate on my schoolwork when I have to deal with this stuff? It’s simple, I can’t. I’m trying my hardest to which right now is all for naught. My mind is in stress-shutdown mode which means it just wants to run away from the problem. I can’t stop my mind from planning my mental escape back up north to Rhode Island. I can sit here and honestly say it is all about this woman. Whatever happens around here, it’s all about her. My dad is always calling her to keep tabs on where she is, complaining about how he never gets to spend time with her yet whenever he’s on the phone with her or sees her he is all lovey-dovey with her which drives me nuts. I honestly feel like I’m going to explode and what’s even worse is I’m still holding in the fact I haven’t told my father yet that I’m moving back up north. I honestly have no idea what to do right now, I don’t.
On the bright side I did get my 1.42GHz 14" iBook and I love it! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Commiserations Jag, bad scene. My friend Pete, who's been to heck and back with family problems, said to me once "Learn not to care EP (my nickname)". By that he didn't meant "stop caring", oh no, but "put your care where it will do most good".

In your case that could mean caring more for yourself and your wellbeing than for what's happening around you. You have your life to live, you have your schoolwork to concentrate on, and it's neither fair nor reasonable for you to be dragged down into other people's personal problems. Time to take a stand. All power to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Wow at the wall of text. That makes me not want to read any of that. I did anyways after I made them into columns.

I like how you went on your rant about your dad's g/f and then at the very end only mentioned one thing about your ibook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac 3.06GHz Intel Core @duo 4 GB 800MHz DDr 2 SDRAM
that just plain sucks!
ive been there with my old man before and have seen the drama that alcoholics create for themselves (and everyone around them) its turns them into small children ,,and you have to treat them as such when when their drunk..

ive been reading some eckart tolle lately, and some of the advice i can you is is to think.. the only thing you can control is the way you react to their actions. when you really think about that it will make some sense.. what is the sense in letting your stepmother you off? its not pissing her off that your off ya know, she is just groovey, but her actions are making you mad.. funny when you think of it that way huh? just learn control your emotions and how you use them them. dont let your step mom get the best of you by letting her control the kind of mod you are in all day..

i can relate to you big time man, my mom and stepmom were major drinkers, and still are,, its pretty sad, they did the same stuff you described right down to jumpung in the car to go somewhere after they has polished off a dew fith's..

hang in there...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
The temptation to wall-of-text back my response to the combination of this and your rant about having to share a room you don't pay for is overwhelming... I think I'll settle for PMing if you're interested. Suffice it to say, I don't sympathise with the selfish complaints of a free-loader, particularly at your age.

But congrats on the iBook. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Chinese food destroy your innards? They're that bad eh over there? Though I must agree the bill is really pricey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
whys your dad stay with such an epic ---GOOD IDEA BAGGSS haha--- alcy druggy?
they aren't even married toss that ** to the curb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
whys your dad stay with such an epic. alcy druggy?
they aren't even married toss that ** to the curb.

I agree with you. I sympathize with Jag as well, drama like that is no fun.

I have one question for you Jag, how old are your dad, this chick and you?

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
L.O.L. @ Imnothardcore!!!
I'm 24 and she's 47.....
Now look before you start calling me a "freeloader"...

Me not being able to find a decent job is reason number one why I'm moving back up north. I'm 24, do you think I like wondering how I'm going to pay for my medications? Do you think I like wondering how in the world I'm going to get back up North because I get paid a whopping $60 every two weeks at my job? Jobs are so bad where I live in Florida that even MCDONALDS isn't hiring.

As to her having a drinking problem - I've been there....It's how I ruined my life before - With alcohol. It's why I'm trying my best not to make it like I'm bashing her at all. Some people have an addictive personality and can get addicted to anything. It doesn't mean things still aren't stressful; I slept for 11 hours today....That's how I know I'm stressed.I'm trying so hard to make something of myself down here in Florida and it's next to impossible.

As for my dad dumping this ** lol...Let's put it this way: He got a tattoo of her with her initials on his shoulder.........................Yeah.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm thinking the mowhawk is going to make it difficult to find a decent job. Just my thoughts... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I'm thinking the mowhawk is going to make it difficult to find a decent job. Just my thoughts... ;)

I know this is true from experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm 24 and she's 47.....

I wasn't asking you that to call you a freeloader, everyone has their life. It IS sad that she is 47 (and not getting any younger) and acting this way. Sad to hear your dad has been taken in and is willing to put up with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
As for my dad dumping this ** lol...Let's put it this way: He got a tattoo of her with her initials on his shoulder.........................Yeah.......

that sucks dude.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Sage words Schweb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
it was fine working in animation.. worked ok too as a unix admin.. once I had the job :D

But that's very rare. Unfortunately, if you want a grown-up job making grown-up money, you eventually have to start acting like a grown-up :)

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah but my mohawk will be fine once it's long enough to be presentable in a "Grown up" world. I don't have to worry about that for another year....Plus I don't want to get into this with hairstyles...Just because someone has a mohawk, doesn't mean they're not grown up. It doesn't make sense how someone can have corn rows, but you cant have a friggin low-key mohawk like I had. It doesn't matter though...When I have a normal job, I'll wear it down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah but my mohawk will be fine once it's long enough to be presentable in a "Grown up" world. I don't have to worry about that for another year....Plus I don't want to get into this with hairstyles...Just because someone has a mohawk, doesn't mean they're not grown up. It doesn't make sense how someone can have corn rows, but you cant have a friggin low-key mohawk like I had. It doesn't matter though...When I have a normal job, I'll wear it down.

Spoken like a true "grown-up".

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Baggss - McCain/Palin 08 baby ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.