White vs. Black MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
Why does the White MacBook cost $100 less with the same specs as the BlackBook. Is there something I'm missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I don't know... But I have owned both colors and favor the black much more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Why does the White MacBook cost $100 less with the same specs as the BlackBook. Is there something I'm missing?
Nope, nothing you're missing at all :)

Just like the non-white washer and dryers being $200 more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
my girlfriend has the white macbook (just got it sat) and i have the black......and well, once you go black you never go back OH!

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
haha okay thanks for the info! idk why apple would charge more just for a color change. I know the black has a standard 250gb hd, but if you config the white one to have 250gb hdd then it's $100 less. I guess they know what they're doing

Reaction score
haha okay thanks for the info! idk why apple would charge more just for a color change. I know the black has a standard 250gb hd, but if you config the white one to have 250gb hdd then it's $100 less. I guess they know what they're doing

oh really... I never even thought about that!

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
Nope, nothing you're missing at all :)

Just like the non-white washer and dryers being $200 more.

I think that was my favorite so far!

IMO it's Apple's way of making a higher-end MB for those who want a price range between intro and MBP.

They also don't get as dirty. Or, rather, they don't show it... Your time cleaning the thing over its lifetime is certainly worth more than $100.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it is, but there is no performance difference between the two.. and really the only difference at that point is the case. so you're paying a premium to have the 'fancy' case.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You pay $100.00 more so that everyone will think it's just another "black" PC notebook. :Angry-Tongue: Apple - White. Now all your friends know you own a MacBook. ;D

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I bought the Black MB this past May because I was concerned with the amount of dirt that the White one would collect.

Now, in hindsight, I think I would have preferred the white. :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
There is definitely a difference in hardware between the black and the white macbooks. Check it out http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook

The black macbook has a significantly larger hard drive then the white one, thats why its more money. If they made it 100+ dollars for a different color that would be a pretty bad business strategy

Reaction score
Take a second look at the prices.

If you had the larger hard drive to the white one, it makes the specs equal to the black, yet there is still a $100 difference.

LDB

Reaction score
Yeah, I did the spec your own and can't figure out why the difference in price either when nothing is different but the color. I'd rather have the black so it wouldn't get filthy looking. I'm afraid the palm rest would look awful no matter how much you cleaned on it.

Reaction score
You're basically paying a premium for the color that you'd rather have. Want it black? You pay a little extra for the prestige of saying you have a BlackBook(TM) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
I just bought a certified refurbished black macbook from the apple website that had better hardware than the base $1099 model but for cheaper.

And I love my black macbook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod
Just like in the motorcycle world. Black motorcycles are faster than the same bike in a different color. Blackbooks are faster than the same computer in a different color. DUH!

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe this came about after the black iPod was much more successful than the white, before that they were priced the same.
Makes sense if people WILL pay more for the black to make the black a higher price, doesn't it?
I could be wrong there, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.