mac os 8.6

Reaction score
hi, i have an old mac os 8.6 that i havnt used in years. i'm a windows user, but i need a program that is specific for mac or linux, so i took out my old mac and proceded to install linux on it, but for that i need the internet. how do i connect a mac 8.6 to an internet. i have ethernet with a lan system. Please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what specs are that mac

You should be able to load ubuntu PPC from a burnt disk on a PPC mac if you download and burn the disk on windows, the may depend on the age of the mac

Reaction score
Nero Burning ROM (windows): Open Nero and close the wizard. Go to "File" and then to "Burn Image..". In the next dialog, click on "Image files (*.nrg)" and select "All Files (*.*)". Choose linux.iso and click "Accept". Make sure the next dialog says Type: Data Mode 1, Block size: 2048, Image header: 0 and Image trailer: 0. In the next dialog, make sure the "write" and "finalize" options are active, then click on "Write".

Reaction score
I have a Mac OS 8.6. Recently just I noticed that I can't type the letter C, D and E (?!)

anyone can help me out?

thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I have a Mac OS 8.6. Recently just I noticed that I can't type the letter C, D and E (?!)
Given that you're still using 8.6, I'm guessing that the keyboard is an Apple ADB (perhaps MacAlly), and it's had a lot of use. Further, the three keys mentioned are in a line, which suggests to me that the circuit board beneath the keys may have cracked (the contacts get dry and brittle over time).

What I'm going to suggest is pretty drastic, so don't try it if you're doubtful, and you do this at your own risk.
Take the ends of the keyboard in each hand and twist the k/b slightly either way. Put the k/b down again and see if that has cured the problem. Warning: twisting too far or too vigorously may aggravate existing damage or cause further cracking.
[I've used the above 'cure' myself, and it has worked, but I've also ruined one k/b - which wasn't working properly anyway. I found a MacAlly ADB k/b at auction, bought it, and it's rock solid. They are better than the Apple ones.]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.