Need "sound" advice

I

ibmac'n

I want to capture sound clips from from various means running through my macs speakers. I have been told that either WireTap or Audio highjack will do what I want. Has anybody used either one and what has been your experience? I understand that WireTap is $16 and pro version is $32. Major difference? Audio Highjack is $20.
I want to be able to format to mp3 or AAC. (or others) Any thing else out there that I should consider?
Happy New Year!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
those are both good, theres also audio recorder, audiox. though for some reason, wiretap wont work on a lot of g4 macs, Id try it first before thinking of paying anything for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Weird I must have downloaded it while it was still free, I didn't realize they were charging for it now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
audio hijack used to be free, thats most likely what he means.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
No actually WireTap, just not WireTap pro.. I guess maybe it was when they were testing it out to see if people liked it.. not sure on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Murlyn said:
No actually WireTap, just not WireTap pro.. I guess maybe it was when they were testing it out to see if people liked it.. not sure on that.
Me too :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.