External Fax Modem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema
Anybody use or know of an external fax modem that can be used with a mini OS 10.4.11?

I thought maybe the Apple USB Modem would be the answer, but it only does dial up connection.

Anything from the office supply stores has RS 232 connection.

I am looking for something that would be a USB connection.

Unfortunately in this day and age I still need to be able to fax documents from my computer.

I know I can print them out and use a stand alone fax, but that just is not convenient or "green".

Thanks for any help.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema
Never Mind - Found one at Best Buy for $50.00. May be back if it doesn't work.

(Zoom USB Mini External Data/Fax Modem)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Never Mind - Found one at Best Buy for $50.00. May be back if it doesn't work. (Zoom USB Mini External Data/Fax Modem)

Be aware that it's limited to dialup with maximum speed 56K. Faxes use analog technology but if speed doesn't matter and you're not bothered by tying up your phone line when sending a fax, then it should be okay.

You beat me to it, but I was going to suggest Global Village as possibly the best external modems made for Mac. Hard to find nowadays. Here are other brands and prices: http://www.nextag.com/usb-fax-modem/search-html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.