Floppy Problems and Tech Question

S

smalls92

ok i know nothing about mac but we have a cnc lathe that has a floppy for program storage, and here is the model #

Mitsubishi
M# 355f-2252mjs

it's a regualr 1.44 format but when i went to my local comp usa and they game me a mitsumi 1.44 i noticed that it wasn't a regular 34 pin that some of the pins were actually not their.

i also know that with a windows system the floppy cable part of it has a twist on in it ...

ok now for my question when i look up the drive info on google it tells me that it's apple/mac so i say that's cool, but now going to look for on i find that their are scsi floopy with the model # mf355f

ok so what is the different in a mac scsi floppy and a regualr mac flooppy or are they the same and how can i tell the difference? thanks for all the help and if anyone needs some windows herlp feel free to ask :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Let me pose a question to you. What version of the OS are you running? If you are running OS X you will not be able to use the flopply drive. If you are running OS 9 or earlier then using the flooping drive is no problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.