Gaps between tracks on Itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 867 Mhz 768 MB Ram
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I"m wondering how to have Itunes setup so that there aren't any gaps between tracks when burned to a CD or when flipped to my Ipod. Is this possible?? I have a lot of House music sets and it sounds like crap if there's a gap.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
go into itunes preferences then go to the burning menu... then under disk format it has a drop down menu for the gap between songs. just select none and ure good to go! ;)

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 867 Mhz 768 MB Ram
I've done that...but on a CD there is still a small skip in between tracks, and on the IPOD it's worse....

firsteggprez said:
go into itunes preferences then go to the burning menu... then under disk format it has a drop down menu for the gap between songs. just select none and ure good to go! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nothing you can do about it on the iPod but in iTunes go to preferences and under audio turn on the audio crossfades and put the slider at 0 seconds so it gets rid of the gaps

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 867 Mhz 768 MB Ram
yeah I'm only really concerned about Ipod and burnt CD's....I find it strange that they can't somehow get rid of the gaps...oh well thanks for your help anyway guys!!

trpnmonkey41 said:
Nothing you can do about it on the iPod but in iTunes go to preferences and under audio turn on the audio crossfades and put the slider at 0 seconds so it gets rid of the gaps
:dive:

M

marcbackwell

You need to "Join CD tracks" on your CD before you import it to iTunes. This will treat the CD as one track and you won't have any gaps.

Cheers
Marc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.