Keyboard Problems, help please?

Reaction score
Hi All,

So my keyboard started being buggy this morning, I have the slim aluminum wired keyboard with my iMac. the number pad on the right side is not working, as I messed around trying to figure out the problem, it seems like it is trying to act kinda like a mouse....

when i push any numbers nothing happens, it doesn't type in the numbers, if i push the 0 button i lose all keyboard control, or it highlights text i've inputed (as if i were holding down the primary mouse button) pressing 5 cancels this action, and I can type again, but still not use the numbers.

Has anyone seen this problem/ know how to fix it? I can't think of anything I did out of the ordinary that would cause this to happen, and can't find anything about what happened or how to reverse it. Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Don't worry, you've just accidently changed settings in Universal Access (I.E. For use by people having difficulties using a mouse).

To change this back:-

System Preferences - Universal Access - Mouse and Trackpad (Tab) - Turn Mouse Keys to OFF

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.