Is there ANY ROUTER that doesnt cuase macbook Airport problems...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 2.0 C2D, 2G RAM, 120G HD
I cant take this turning airport on and off anymore. Done it for 6 months and i'm about to throw my router through the window. I REALLY DONT want to drop 200 on an aiport extreme, so does anyone know of a 3rd party router that works well. I also have a ps3 and IBM on the router. Only mac has problems and wont play nice. Plays nice everywhere else (coffee shops, friends houses etc)

I need a specific model # guys. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
At home and work I use a Netgear prosafe FVX538 with 3Com access points attached to it. I have a MacBook Air attached via airport as well as other Window XP based machines attached both hardwired and WiFi. no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I had a D-Link DIR-655 back at home and it worked like a charm with three Windows PCs, four Macs, two iPhones, an Xbox360 and a Wii.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I had a D-Link DIR-655 back at home and it worked like a charm with three Windows PCs, four Macs, two iPhones, an Xbox360 and a Wii.

Same here. Have you taken a look at this FAQ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.