HP Color Laserjet 1500L

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just bought a new MacBook so now I'm trying to add my printer. The problem is that my printer is connected to a Windows based PC and I'm connected to that PC in my network. I didn't have any problems printing like that when I used only PC's, but now that I have a Mac, when I try to add the printer I click "Windows" and then select my network, then the PC where the printer is connected and finally the printer. But then the system asks for some drivers, the problem is that I can't find my printer model in the list. Soo what I did was that I went to HP's web page and downloaded the drivers for Mac, I installed them and tried again but my printer model is still not there.

Then I tried connecting the printer directly to my Mac and I was able to print perfectly. Do you know if there is anyway I can fix this? I hope someone can help me. Thanks a lot.

screenshot.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Start by reading this thread and let us know if you have any further questions.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The Gutenprint drivers (once installed) should show up in the drivers list as pictured above. If a driver for your printer doesn't appear, chances are the latest Gutenprint distribution didn't come with it. Try picking a generic Color LaserJet driver instead of a model specific one and see if it prints OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.