Moving files PC to Mac

Reaction score
okay... here's my situation...

I have a huge movie project to do in one weeks time. All the files are on an external hard drive for a PC. I need to move the files, or have access to the files to edit them on my mac with FCP. Any help would be much appreciated...

I should also mention, both machines have a connection to my wireless network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Hopefully the HD is formatted FAT32, since the easiest and best thing would be to just unplug from the PC and plug in to the Mac. The only problem would be if the USB drive was formatted NTFS, since Macs can't write to NTFS drives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Well, if you don't need to leave them on the external drive, you can do what MacWork said and plug the drive into the Mac. Then copy the files to your Mac to work on them. Actually, I'd probably do that regardless, then if you need them back on the PC/external drive when you are done, you could transfer them back to the HD or through the network. If it's really, really big, you'll need to plan ahead for copying the files back (such as, not at the last minute), and copy it back overnight or something.

OP
X
Reaction score
I gave that a try last night knowing it would be easiest but had a few difficulties. I tried again this morning and haven't had a problem (yet).
I'll let you know if any other problems come up.

Thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.