iPhone 3g HELP!!!

Reaction score
Hi All,
Question from a frustrated newbie in need of help!

So, I used to have an iPhone 2g which I thought was fab, but being frustrated with the lack of 3g I opted to sell it and go for a new 3g model.
Now, as with allot of other people I have not gone down the o2 18month contract route (although I am actually on o2!). So I bought a 16gb iPhone 3g from the US which by default is locked to ATT.
So I have activated it and jailbroken it using the fantastic PWNAGE tool and I was kinda hoping that that it would work with my o2 SIM card - but no such luck. I thought that the software once installed via PWNAGE would be kinda standard across the board as the hardware is the same.
So my question is, any idea what I need to do to get this baby working with my o2 SIM card?
In desperation I did opt to try one of these turbo SIM cards, but I could only make out going calls and not receive them - plus I managed to break my SIM card tray when trying to extract the darn thing. A word of warning here to anyone else trying this - it don't fit in your iPhone properly and you'd have to be a magician to get it out without damaging your SIM card tray.

Anyhow - any help/tips/advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Dev Team (creators of Pwnage Tool) have not released an unlock for the iPhone 3G yet. You will have to wait until they come out with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
So, you think that once an unlock is released it'll work ok?

If you unlock tour new phone with it and it is successfull, in theory, it should work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Once they release it, it should work fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
You can unlock it using a sim adapter ,My iphone 3G is unlocked running Tmobile as I type this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black
You can unlock it using a sim adapter ,My iphone 3G is unlocked running Tmobile as I type this.

Care to elaborate sir? ;D

My girlfriend is on Tmobile and I'd love to get her set up on a iPhone since she doesnt want to switch till he contract is up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I used a MoogleX sim adapter I got off ebay for about $30.00

Or you can order it direct. It works great for me... The edge is not working,I would imagine there is a jailbreak app that will fix that.

MoogleX.com

DSC00445.JPG

Reaction score
I used a MoogleX sim adapter I got off ebay for about $30.00

Or you can order it direct. It works great for me... The edge is not working,I would imagine there is a jailbreak app that will fix that.

MoogleX.com

Then you're luckier than I am. The problem I've had (along with many others if my google search was accurate) is that Sim Card adapters get stuck in the tray, necessitating some emergency surgery to remove them.

I would also emphatically recommend that you NOT go through mooglex.com if you are thinking about buying a Sim Card adapter. I have received no response to my emails for a refund (despite their 15-day moneyback guarantee on the website).:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have never had to remove my simcard. customer service for me has been 100% really no complaints...you have to understand the companies who sell these adapters are probably swamped with orders.I will say it did take me a couple days to get a response.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.