MBP and a new HP LaserJet 1006

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Just got my new HP 1006 laser printer today. Was cheap. And I am planning to only use it temporarily when in LA. Any how when I first began using it the print jobs were slow. Found out that was because my MBP was set to "Normal" battery power level. I switched it to "better performance" and the prints were near instantaneous.

But I am having problems printing PDF files. At first it was because I didn't set the print settings to print the file "as an image". It would stay in "stopped" status mode. After I selected "print as an image" the print status stayed in "printing" mode. But took the longest time. Or rather wouldn't do anything till I clicked on "pause" and released it. Then it began printing with the status line "....generic...". What's up? The PDF prints should be immediate as the other types of print jobs correct??

OP
D
Reaction score
Odd. Just after posting. I tried printing PDF and regular files. The speed was fast. MUCH shorter pause before the job began. :) Of course depending on the complexity of the PDF file (e.g. how much graphics...picture of an amp) the pause was a little longer. But it was still relatively fast. And no need to click "pause" and to click it again to take the printer out of pause. No sure what happened. But I'm glad it did.

This happened to me other times with other problems (software or hardware). After posting my cry for help the problem is no more. Go figure. :)

But if any one has any ideas why I was having problems printing PDF files. And why I had to pause/unpause the print job to get it going I'd appreciate it. Hope things continue they way they are. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.