upload formats...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I knw it seems like I always have ideas of some kind, but i have so many ideas. anyway, I think that the list of formats we can upload in ahould be redone or added to, we currently only can up a few format, mostly images and compressed files. I think audio formats such as mp3 and aiff should be added, maybe even a few video formats for very small videos. mosly cause I wanted to start a thread about garageband, and I kinda had in mind that we could post our garageband creations there, but we cant even upload audio. any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's an interesting idea, but the problem with it would be that video/audio file sizes are far greater than image and would quickly eat up space, especially with a few hundred members posting them. But we can still examine options.

You could still do you thread, and a better solution might be to just have people link to the files on their own servers for the time being.

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought I already posted again here, but I guess not. we can skip video and at least have audio, mp3s arent very big, and those with .mac accounts can use them for hosting the songs, Ive tried places like savefile, too many problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
MP3s are also quite large at an average of say 4-5mb as opposed to 30kb for a picture ;).

Most ISPs offer web hosting space or if you have your own domain you could also use it and as you've also mentioned .Mac would work for this purpose also.

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but I have no .ac account, r webserver or wanything like that. how much space does the forum have?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.