Restart with boot camp issue

Reaction score
Ever since upgrading to leopard from Tiger, whenever I try to restart from Winblows to Leopard using boot camp, the screen goes black on start up and nothing happens. The only way is to completely shut down then restart.

From Mac to Winblows it works fine. From Winblows to Mac is the problem. Unfortunately I need to switch between both quite regularly.

Any info on this?

Ever reformatted twice trying to make sure the install was clean and correct with no change?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try re-installing the Boot Camp drivers from the Leopard DVD. You should be able to open Control Panel in Windows and set the boot option from there. There should also be a system tray Boot Camp icon that will do the same thing.

The latest version of Boot Camp is 2.1. If you're using 2.0, you might want to download 2.1 from Apple and update.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
Didn't even know they upgraded to 2.1 I'm reformatting again since SP3 was already installed. I'll report back if this works. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Do you have a USB hard drive hooked up? Sometimes this can cause a problem when going from Windows to Leopard. If you have any USB drives hooked up try unplugging them and see if that fixes your problem. My Mom was having this exact same problem on her Mini and it was her Time Machine drive causing the problem.

OP
J
Reaction score
I have no external drive.

After reformatting again and installing 2.1 bootcamp, I still can not reboot from windows to Mac. Dang. It just simply will not work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.