Need to demo a website, but how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I'm working on a website for a charity organization. The site is almost complete and the board of directors would like to see how it's coming so I'm scheduled for a demo later in the month. The problem is that I can't put the site online yet and I can't demo it in Dreamweaver because it requires ASP in order to run properly.

At home I use an aluminum iMac (20" running Tiger) and I have Parallels installed so I can switch over to Xp, run IIS, and view the site from there. the problem is, I need to do this demo at someone elses house, using an Xp machine (Xp Home).

So what's the easiest way for me to demo this page? I've got a few ideas but I'm not sure...

Can I somehow setup my Mac so that I can connect remotely to it using a Windows machine? That would be ideal. Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
One simple way to do it would be to use some type of remote desktop application to connect. I haven't tried the native support OS X has with it, but I know something like www.logmein.com would work. There's a free version that you can use, and you can connect from anywhere then to your box.

OP
The_Grudge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Wow, thanks Thyamine...LogMeIn is EXACTLY the type of thing I was looking for. I also be able to use this in the future when a distant relative calls and asks for "Computer Help".

Works great so far, nice find.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Exactly. Glad it helps. I use it for the same reasons. =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.