Airport Express disappeared..

Reaction score
My "main" internet connection is through a Netgear 801.1g wireless router that is connected to my (******) Comcast cable modem. No problem with the internet connection or anything. I wanted to add "airtunes" so I bought an Airport Express and plugged it in near my stereo to stream tunes with. The airport is NOT hard wired to ethernet. It worked fine for a few days, then started dropping out about every 5 seconds. Tried changing the "channel" but the option wasn't there. Now i've reconfigured something and the airport won't even show up in the Utitility. The Airport itself has the blinking yellow light. Please help, can't do anything now. Thanks.

Pitts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Can you reset the Airport Express? You could always try a hard reset on it. otherwise, try connecting it to your main system and see if you can connect to it then to manage/configure it. Have you tried setting a laptop as close to it as you can to check that the wireless signal strength there is adequate? Various electronic and kitchen appliances can interfere with the signal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.