• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Bringing on the tunes

Reaction score
As many of you know i run a podcast that runs the gambit of blues, blues rock, jazz, Southern Rock, Rock & Roll and a few more. The other day i ran across this song and it struck me right that i would feature it on my next podcast. So i thought i would also share it with you folks as i know most of you don't listen to the podcast.

The song was written by three young fellows stationed in Iraq and there is video to go along with it. The fellows who wrote the song are Dustn Evans, Rick Tiger, and Dave Brainard. Dustn Evans does the singing.

Thank God for young men like this to protect our country.

http://g.dwgsee.com/wake/index.htm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
not usually my kind of music

But that was very good, the music and the slideshow

Almost had me saluting the Stars and Stripes, and I am not even American (although our lads are also out there)

OP
James
Reaction score
Well thank you for that, although it would not be necessary thank you for the thought. I thought people from other countries might also enjoy it too for it is kind of universal. I'm sure one or two of your lads in the same conditions have written songs or poems and letters home expressing much the same thoughts, they are after all Brothers in Arms.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Really, I did like the song - a lot - just saying that is not my usual genre of music

but I always keep an open mind, so I liked the song

perhaps I'll give your podcast a listen, since I have always liked a little blues

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.