Sometimes I hate technology

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I went to the Apple store today to finally stand in the (short) line for the 3G. Thankfully they have the foresight to send employees through the line to check to make sure people are set for buying the phone, associated discounts, etc.

I had already checked with AT&T to make sure I was eligible for the discounted deal. But the woman with Apple said I couldn't get it because I have a business account and Apple/AT&T made a deal that people with business accounts can only get their iPhones at AT&T stores!! First off, I don't even have a business discount any more, and second, that's just dumb! I called AT&T and got it worked out (they forgot to take a code off my account when I discontinued my business discount), but I have to prey the computers update and link up today before 6pm or I can't get the phone being held.

The worst part of this situation is that, by the simple fact that I have a legit iPhone for my account means there's no way I have a business account/discount, because originally you couldn't have an iPhone and business discount. But because computers control everything these days and not people, they couldn't do anything to get me a phone even though we all know I should be able to buy one!! :Angry: :Angry:

/end rant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I feel for ya. Sadly, it's just the way life is now. Many of these systems don't even have a "manual over-ride" where someone who can see that there is an obvious error can fix it, it has to go up 4 levels of management and be approved and then can take time for "the system to update".

What ever happened to the KISS principal?

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
as an audior, I can appreciate the need for certain limitations to deter fraud, but this situation does not warrant it IMHO.

I am in line now and it's only a couple of people. Despite it being way after the 6pm limit to hold my phone, they still have it. They've scored some points back for me.

EDIT: finally got my 3G and feeling much better. I didn't even notice in the pics that it's a little fatter and taller than the first one. I wish the screen was still flush with the edge on the sides, but it still looks good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.