Bootcamp "FAT"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 200GB Hard Drive 4GB Ram
hi when i chose my partitioning for bootcamp i chose 32 GB so i could still choose the "FAT" system formating but when i gave me the option to choose one the "FAT" option wasnt there it only had the "NTFS" option which means i cant share music arcross drives or can you do that in the first place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
XXBobbXX,

I don't understand that - you should be given the option for FAT32 if you stay at or under 32GB... check that out again in Disk Utility.

As far as sharing music across drives, NTFS shouldn't be a problem if you use a network. When you get Windows running, set up a network between Windows and your other computer. Go to the Windows Control Panel, Network Setup on each computer to do that... just remember that you'll need to set up the network using the same Workgroup name in both computers.

Noel

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i know thats what i thought but when it gave the the option to partition there was dive equally and use 32GB i clicked 32GB and nothing else...i didnt really understand either and i guess i dont understand what your saying...like i have tons of music on my mac os x leopard partition but i want 2 listen to it on my windows side of the partition...the only way i thought that was possible is if i chose FAT formatting...and i just checked it i am using 32.1GB....that is so dumb...well i remove my windows partition can i reinstall it or will i have to buy a new OEM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Also, without 3d party apps, windows cannot read a Mac OS X partition no matter what file system it is using...

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im using XP n oh thats all i needed to know but i bought a external harddrive so thats working great but thx for the help =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
XXBobbXX,

If you uninstall your Windows partition using Boot Camp Assistant, you'll recover your space and you can re-install Windows again using the same copy of XP with Boot Camp. If you already activated your copy of XP the first time, you will probably have to re-activate it when you install it again, and probably by telephone. If you do, just tell them you un-installed it and are re-installing... they just want to be sure you have that copy running on only ONE machine.

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.