unlocking 802.11n for windows partition

Reaction score
So i have a macbook pro core 2 duo with the hidden draft n that needs to be unlocked. I successfully did it for my mac partitian, but i can't seem to do it for windows. I used bootcamp to install xp on my macbook pro, and would like to be able to use wireless n for xp. does anyone know the correct driver that would work to unlock it? I've looked in many forums and the web and can't seem to find the correct driver. The wireless card in my mac should be the Atheros AR5008. So if anyone can find the correct driver that would work for my mac, that would be amazing.

OP
E
Reaction score
802.11n question

so i was able to enable wireless n in leopard... I installed windows on my macbook pro also and would like to unlock 802.11n for it also. does anyone know the correct driver that would work for this? the wireless card is Atheros AR5008 for windows xp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
802.11n worked for me with only the straight mac windows drivers found on you leopard cd...

OP
E
Reaction score
i'm running xp, and i've used both the bootcamp driver that the leopard cd gives me, and another one which claims to support 802.11n but when i put my cursor over the wireless icon in the bottom right in windows, it only picks up g signals and says i'm at 54mb/s. Is there something wrong with xp? can it not read 802.11n on a macbook pro?

OP
E
Reaction score
your first link didn't work, i installed the driver from your 2nd link, but when i'm in windows my wireless card still only seems to be reading g at a max speed of 54mb/s. can windows just not see 802.11n? what's the deal here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
can you run this on a just a macbook? if so, how?

That depends. Does it have a n wireless card? You mean on Windows or OS X?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.