Help Please on Windows xp installation

Reaction score
Ok i tried to install windows xp on my macbook pro but the stupid person that i am didnt plug in the battery cord. So when it started to format it died. Nowi cant get on any operating system in my macbook pro any help would be great and i dont have a back up :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Rupert,

Plug your Mac in and let it charge up. When you get the green light, try to Safe Boot - insert the Intall disk, press the Power button and when you hear the chime press the Shift key. When you see the apple, release the shift key and it should get to Safe Mode. If you get this far a regular boot may be possible. if you can't start in Safe Mode, you'll probably have to re-install OS X.

And the next thing you need to do is buy an external drive and download SuperDuper so you can make a backup after you get things set up again...

Sorry for your loss, but things will work out better the next time - you learned a valuable lesson, the hard way...

Noel

OP
R
Reaction score
When i installed an older version of Windows xp like 4 yrs ago i partioned over the mac os x and left me a blank screen when i boot it up. I talked to tech support about the problem and all they can tell me is to use disk utility but the problem is its grayed out and i cant select any of the options up there such as erase partion or first aid. They said i reformated the whole harddrive to NTFS read only so now its locked. They tried to open it with another mac which didnt work. So now im stuck in buying a new harddrive to make it work. Can anyone think of another way of reformating the whole harddrive so you can reinstall mac os x once again? Any help is greatly appreciated thanks. Lastly some one said i can try and use Knoppix Live DVD to reformat my MBP if so can anyone give me a guide or help me step by step.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
RupertNos,

If you had access to a Windows PC, you could reformat that hard drive as FAT32 which could be read by your Mac. Then you could format it so you could install OS X.

Can't think of another way, because DOS won't read NTFS, nor will FDISK, which is used to format and partition hard drives for Windows.

That's all I have, sorry,

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.