PDA

View Full Version : problem watching Apple tutorials

beefman
07-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Sorry if this is pretty basic..but I'm brand new to iMac AND Apple. When watching the tutorials on the apple site, I'm getting flashes every 2-3 sec. I tried it on my Dell and its fine. Am I doing something wrong. I really enjoy my new iMac by the way, but it does take some getting used to. Thanks.

Spork
07-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Wait so what do you mean you're getting flashes? Like the actual screen goes white for a quick second then back to the tutorial or what?

beefman
07-21-2008, 07:11 PM
While the tutorial is playing i'm getting a flicker in the video, it doesn't stop or anything its just annoying to watch and i don't get it on my PC playing the same video. Also this only happens on the Apple tutorials, i've watched other videos and it doesn't occur.

beefman
07-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I just tried watching some other tutorials from the Apple site...some won't load at all. Yet I go to my PC and they will load and play no problems at all. For example the one on Imovie importing from a camcorder works fine on PC but when i click on it from my iMac, it just says done in the lower left of the screen with no video or other responce. Am i missing something here?? Other videos like the tutorial on Aperture works fine..what gives!

beefman
07-21-2008, 08:31 PM
OK I think I might be on to something...Using Firefox some videos won't play but they will play when I use Safari...strange. But even on Safari when I try to watch the imovie "sharing to youtube" the quicktime symbol comes up but then a "?" appears overtop of it and it won't play..any thoughts on why this is happening???

didjaever
07-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Some Apple tutorials won't load on my MacBook either.... some take forever to load... must be a problem with the website...

Cappie
07-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Some Apple tutorials won't load on my MacBook either.... some take forever to load... must be a problem with the website...

Same here. I just subscribed to the podcast and watched them that way.

didjaever
07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I am a little slow with some of this stuff... what is the link to this podcast?? I am assuming I will be able to watch in through iTunes since I am not fortunate to have a video iPod??