• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Panasonic BL-C1

Reaction score
Hi peeps.
Anyone had any experience with these I.P webcams?
I've got one hosted by Viewnetcam.com but can't see it on either Firefox or Safari, when I go to my site I get my router instead! I have to view it on my Smartphone. Any ideas how I could see the camera on my Mac instead?
Ta very much.

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
You'll probably find that it'll only be viewable through IE.
Thats why I've had to install parallels to view my CCTV over the internet.

jah

Reaction score
what port is your web cam on 90 or 91 or?. verify you can read that port.
can you ping your web cam from your computer?

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
It's not just a webcam.
It's the actual DVR that I dial into. It's set on port 80 and the router just port forwards to it.

Dead simple. But the GUI runs active x so you can only view it through IE.

I haven't tried pinging it but I can't see why I can't. It's just the same as anyother server on the internet.

jah

Reaction score
i have a panasonic blc30a, i am able to use firefox/ safari/ opra/ w/o issues. the camera software may be different. i can log in to the camera and or run the windows application.

firefox has active x plugins

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.