• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Q about Mac stores

Reaction score
Hiii, New to the forums, signed up because I want to buy a MacBook Pro for when I start Uni.

I seen this offer on the US Apple Store website "If you’re a student, teacher, or staff member and you buy a Mac with your education discount between June 3 and September 15, 2008, you can get a free iPod touch or iPod nano after rebate". Which sounds great only I live in the UK and its not available on the UK Apple Store website. I'm not really confident about buying something from the US site incase it takes too long to ship or I might get hammered with import tax blah blah blah. I heard someone talking about this offer coming to the UK near the end of September, I dont know where he heard this or got it from but I was wondering if anyone could comfirm it? Because I dont start Uni until the end of September and if the offer comes to the UK I would like to wait and get a free Ipod, If it not going to happen I would get the laptop as soon as I can as I'd have no reason to wait.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Try and give Apple a call, I am sure they can clarify everything

0800 048 0408.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I don't think we can get things from the US store shipped to the UK can we?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I gave them a phone and after bashing random buttons to get rid of the silly machine woman I got to speak to a real one who told me the summer offers in the US sometimes come to the UK in "fall". She couldnt say for definite but apparently thats what happened last year. I guess I'll try and wait and see what happens.

Thanks again, John.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.