Can't get my printer to work through Airport Extreme

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just bought a new Mac book pro and boy do I love it. Couldn't bring myself to switch to vista.
Here is my problem. I bought the airport extreme today. I added my HP5610 printer and an external hard drive to it. I can access the external hard drive but cannot get my printer to work wirelessly. When I go through adding a new printer and bonjour finds it, I cannot locate the correct driver for it. Ironically when I fired up my PC and installed Bonjour on it, I was able to print fine. But not from my mac.

Help please. Any information would be helpful.

thanks,
dean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
have you printed from the mac with the printer plugged in directly? Do you have the HP driver loaded?

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi Mike.
Yes I have. It worked fine when plugged directly through the USB port. When I did so I didn't even have to load a print driver in, the mac automatically identified the printer. Since then while trying to go wireless through the Airport Extreme, I went to HP.com and downloaded the complete driver. Do you know where the drivers live on the mac? When Bonjour asks to identify the driver and it is not in the list, i do have the option of other which will allow me to select something, but I have no idea where the drivers actually live on my mac to try to find the HP driver.

Thanks,
Dean

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.