Time Capsule Slow

Reaction score
I just got myself a Time capsule and doing it first backup and it going SLOW I cant believe how slow it is. Is this normal I got 25gig to backup how long would it take. Someone said over night eeekkk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Yes its first backup is the only one that is slow, it backs up everything on your comp.

OP
R
Reaction score
So how long you think it should take? So next time it back up it should be fast? Mind you I am into photography and if i uploaded 2 gig of photos to aperture it going to take a while to back that up aint it about any hour i bet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White Macbook 2.0Ghz
The first backup is going to be slow. I don't use a Time captual I am using a Airport Extreme with a 1TB drive attached same thing really.

To backup my 80gb of data it took over night. Try and use a cable connection for the first backup if you can. It will be more reliable than wireless..

You do realise you can use your computer as it backs up just ignore it I did a 1.5gb the other day and it didn't take long at all.

I'm pretty sure the first one takes forever becuase it has to set up heaps of stuff it it's not the actual data transfer becuase when I drag 10g of data over to my wireless drive it doesn't usualy take that long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
It backs up basically the whole image the first time which goes much slower. A few gigs of photos shouldn't take much time at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.