Memory!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
My room kinda caught fire and all my CD's and stuffs went along with it.
( Gotta love little brothers ) Anyway.. I was really thinking of upgrading my HD previously. So.. One big problem.. My adobe Creative suite cd, Microsoft Office and iWork went along with the fire. Fortunately.. My OS X CD is at work. So.. I've got a 160GB HD here. Currently on 80GB. And I'm running out of space. I mean REALLY running out of space. I've tried cloning my HD previously. Wasn't really that good.. Anyway. I wouldn't mind installing the OS from scratch in the new HD then after that use the Migration Assistant. But I need to know whether all my applications like Adobe creative suite, Office and iWork will go along with it together without asking for additional activation keys.

One more thing. How does migration assistant work? Copy to a External and then it goes in to the new HD?

I can only with with a External and my macbook. Since my warranty expired yesterday. ( Happy 6th month anni macbook! ) I cant go back to a local reseller..

Would like some help, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
What about using/borrowing an external hard drive and use Time Machine and back it up, install the new drive and do a restore?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
If you registered then Adobe will be able to trace your registration number and give it to you again. You may need to buy a new disc but it shouldn't be too expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.