iPhone mail problem...connecting???

Reaction score
I have been an iphone owner since February of 08' and a .mac account holder since February of 07'. .mac is obviously now .me and the mail part is driving me nuts!!

The only time "push" works is right after I do a complete restart on my phone. I called and talked with applecare tech support and was literally told to just restart my phone. Yes, let me pay for a product and service and to get it to work properly I must shut down and restart every time I want to use it???

Anyhow, I was given no solution so I figured I would try here. I have posted a picture of my .mac (.me) address to show you exactly what I am getting.

Just so you know, it does not matter if I am connected to wi-fi or on the edge network. It will continue to spin and show the "connecting" at the bottom of the screen. I have received absolutely zero help from tech support so I am hoping I can receive some support on this great forum.

thanks in advance.

iphone - connecting.jpg

Reaction score
Have you tried doing a restore on your iPhone and manually setting up the email part of it?

OP
M
Reaction score
No I have not. Is that what you would recommend? If I don't get any quick fixes I will do this. I still can't get over the response from the apple tech support. They literally told me to just keep restarting the device to get it to work properly.

OP
M
Reaction score
just to let everyone know

I don't like making posts and then not following up. I have tried everything (literally did not work today) and still have no resolution to the problem. Spent hours on the phone with support and even they don't have an answer. What a joke.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.