Two routers working together

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have just installed my new o2 wireless router and are running all my mac's from it to access the internet.

I also have a Linksys wtr54g which is connected to my xbox, What i want to do it use the linksys router to connect to the o2 router and access the internet and the network.

Is this even possible?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15. ", 2,4 Ghz c2d, 2 Gb RAM, 256 GF GT, 200 GB HDD
Hey Bren,

I have done something similar to what you are trying to do.
I have one router which connect to the internet (let's call it A) and another one, linksys (let's call it B) which is conected to A.

The only thing I had to do is deactivate DHCP at B router and connect it to A with an ethernet cable in ethernet slots.

This way, the A router gives clients IPs only, but you need to set your clients default gateway your router's A IP in order to connect to internet.

I hope I mad it clear for you...If you need any further help let me know.

/ThoDis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
Are you saying that you'd like to physically connect your xbox to the linksys router, and then wirelessly connect it to the O2 router to get to the Internet? That may be possible, but you are most likely going to have to use a Wireless Bridge configuration, which is not possible with the stock Linksys software. Google 'linksys dd-wrt' and find an OS that will allow you to do this.

Good luck,
Perry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.