Adobe CS3 programmes are crashing...:(

Reaction score
Lately Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign have all been crashing. They've been working fine for months and I use them almost every day (mainly Photoshop) as I'm an illustrator but they've decided to suddenly start crashing as soon as I try to open them. I've tried reinstalling them but to no avail - I'm guessing it's some interaction with my OS (10.4.11) that's causing it but I don't know. I'm on a MBP 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo if that helps.

It says 'The Application Photoshop has unexpectedly quit and when I look at the crash report, the end is like this:

<binaryImage start="0x94d5a000" end="0x94e0cfff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/WebKit"/>
<binaryImage start="0x94e77000" end="0x94f3efff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore"/>
<binaryImage start="0x94f7a000" end="0x9556cfff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore"/>
<binaryImage start="0x95fa9000" end="0x95fbffff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libJapaneseConverter.dylib"/>
<binaryImage start="0x95fef000" end="0x95ffdfff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libSimplifiedChineseConverter.dylib"/>
<binaryImage start="0x96005000" end="0x96017fff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libTraditionalChineseConverter.dylib"/>
<binaryImage start="0x9702f000" end="0x97034fff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL"/>
<binaryImage start="0x97897000" end="0x9789afff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/Frameworks/TWAIN.framework/Versions/A/TWAIN"/>
<binaryImage start="0x9b976000" end="0x9b976fff" type="__TEXT" path="/usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib"/>
<binaryImage start="0xb0000000" end="0xb0004fff" type="__TEXT" path="/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Adobe Photoshop CS3.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/ahclient.framework/Versions/A/ahclient"/>
</binaryImageSet>
</crash>

Any ideas???!

Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"MacBook 1.8GHZ Core Duo, 1.25 GB RAM, 120 GB HD". / "G4 1.2 GHZ, 512 MB RAM, 80GB HD"
CoreServices/Encodings/libJapaneseConverter.dylib"/>
<binaryImage start="0x95fef000" end="0x95ffdfff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libSimplifiedChineseConverter.dylib"/>
<binaryImage start="0x96005000" end="0x96017fff" type="__TEXT" path="/System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libTraditionalChineseConverter.dylib"/>

This is what makes me think, why is your CS3 trying lo Load Japanese and Chinese characters? Aside from that everything seems to be running just fine. Are you running any other applications besides CS3?
I honestly don't think that its a problem with the OS 'cause one of my Macs runs the same and I installed CS3 like 6 months ago and no problems so far.

OP
S
Reaction score
No, even with no other programmes running it still crashes. As far as I know I haven't changed any language options for CS3.

Actually, thinking about it the one thing I have done is to add Macintosh HD as a scratch disk where it was only using the Startup Disk to start with. Might that be something to do with it? I've got about 1.8gigs free but Photoshop's certainly been chomping up my free space while it runs recently and I changed it because it wouldn't even open due to lack of space one time. It's possible it hasn't worked since....is there any way to undo that without uninstalling and reinstalling (I only reinstalled before)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Do you still only have 1.8GB free? That's miniscule and could be a possible problem.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's always worked fine, though occasionally complained of a full scratch disk. I guess I'll move something to my external hard drive and see if it works with more space..........

Reaction score
CS3 Premium Crashes on Launcn!

I am in emergency mode here. I wake up this morning and all my apps IL PS FL BR and crash at launch. I see previous post but no resolution. Does anyone have a fix.

OS 10.4.11
3 GB Ram
2.16 GHZ

Thanks ahead of time.

Reaction score
My PS CS3 kept crashing every time i loaded it up and after loads of attempts of trying to fix it nothing seemed to work until i came across this

"To stop photoshop CS3 Crashing simply navigate to

Applications/AdobePhotoshopCS3/Plugins/ImportExport/

Now once in this folder rename the TWAIN.plugin File to ~TWAIN.plugin

Make sure the ~ is in front of the TWAIN without any spaces "

And silly as it is, it worked lol and all my CS3 programs run sweet :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.