• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Facts of Life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
We all get baffled by little things that happen...

more than they need to.

Some examples:

No matter how many times you dry your feet after showering, your socks will never go on easily.

Heres another:

Your headphones will always be tangled into a hopeless looking pile of wires, even if you set them on the table and never touch them. Or even wrap them around your iPod.

--

So anyways, anyone else have these little facts of life?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I wouldn't call the above two facts when they aren't universally binding. My socks go on just fine after a shower and my headphones don't get all tangled into a mess, and all I do is wrap them around my finger into a circle and then throw them into my bag.

While this may not be a fact, it's happened often enough for me that I would consider it one personally. Every time I boast or show a hint of pride about something, something of the exact opposite happens to prove me wrong :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yea, living in Arizona... I don't even dry my feet ;) and I wrap all my cords so they don't tangle..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
i hear ya with the socks and headphones...happens to me all the time...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I so agree with you there on the headphone thing.

And for me no matter where I put something at home, it always seems to but be around when I needed it. And I have to go hunting when I have to be out the door in like 2 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
And for me no matter where I put something at home, it always seems to but be around when I needed it. And I have to go hunting when I have to be out the door in like 2 minutes.

hahaha story of my life...lol good song by the way ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
One can never be satisfied.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Murphy's Law is gospel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
as my organic chem teacher told me there are 3 certainties in life

1) death
2) taxes
3) carbon will always have four bonds

OP
cuhnool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.