New MacBooks will not NetRestore

Reaction score
Hello,

I am unable to netboot to a server in order to netrestore an image on the latest generation MacBook(Model Ident. 4,1), but am able to netboot and netrestore on an earlier version MacBook (Model Ident. 1,1).

I have tried every trick I know but can't get these machines to netboot. I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks

rohst5

Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem. I am going to try creating a new net-install set from one of the new macbooks.

Reaction score
Well that actually worked! I really suspected that it was a lower level issue.

I just created a new net-install set with Bombich netrestore Helper on the new macbook (4,1) posted it up on the xserv (10.5), enabled it and it worked.

Reaction score
Long boot times

How long did your NetRestore Helper-created image take to boot your new Mac? I'm finding our late-model iMacs are taking *forever* (over 100base-T) to netboot with the new 10.5.4 image I created with Bombich's latest version (3.4.6). The new netboot image is 1.8Gb as compared to 800Mb for the 10.4.10 image I'd been using on our older Macs. Poking thru that 1.8Gb, I'm not seeing a whole lot of "extra baggage"; nothing easy to remove. I'd welcome any optimization tips.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.