• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Chrysler Building an American Icon? Not anymore :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hdN97qUwNYNy7SJX7rzvPOkZPzww

Not that it's the first, but the Chrysler building was one of those iconic American buildings that has been around since the start of the current age. It would appear that some sheiks in Abu Dhabi now own it (sold for 800 million USD).

It depresses me to see more and more of the American economy and property turned over to foreign entities. Oh well, at least the stock market didn't loose another 6% today (can anyone detect the sarcasm?)

Sorry to be such a downer everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
:Grimmace: What a shame. I wonder what building will be next... ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Our companies should stop sucking and it wouldn't happen.

Maybe they will put the building to better use than Chrysler did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
This is what happens when the value of the currency falls. Real estate and companies become affordable for the rest of the world, and are bought out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Man, that's right down the street from me too. I see it next to the Metlife building every morning when I get out of the building.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Uh oh, this isn't good, you guys remember what happened last time with NY towers and Middle Eastern ppl... LOL j/k

Chrysler's vehicles aren't that good anyway... Any of their vehicles that are 4WD and/or have over 200hp are almost guaranteed a transmission problem. I own a Jeep and sometimes I worry, that transmission(it's Auto) is just plain strange with the way it acts. I know the Jeep Liberty CRD models got a computer reprogrammed and that stopped some of that model's problems. And from hearing the way ppl have talked about Chrysler, Chrysler has been this way since the mid-90's. And continues to 2008, they will probably go forward with the same problems...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Uh oh, this isn't good, you guys remember what happened last time with NY towers and Middle Eastern ppl... LOL j/k

So, that joke was in pretty bad taste. But that doesn't really bug me much.

What DOES bug me is how many people would actually agree with that statement. Ugh...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.