pc games on powerpc mac

Reaction score
i recently bought a windows xp home edition sp2 to run with a program called Q( let's you run windows with the software) for my mac. I have an ibook g4 and i was wondering how games would run and what i would need besides the windows software and Q to run the games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
hmmm.... I googled Q and didn't come up with any minimum specs for it. Does it even run on PPC Macs? There is only one emulator I've ever heard of for PPC Macs to run Windows and it was SLOOOOOOOW even when doing the most basic stuff.

If I had to completely guess here, Q is only for Intel Macs which means it won't run on a G4 so you can't install Windows to begin with. If I am wrong and it works, trying to game with not be an easy task. Nor will it work even remotely close to something mediocre. The iBook really isn't a gaming machine which won't help in any way.

The other emulator was more of a joke really. I don't see how this one could improve.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
Q is a mac port of Qemu.

I think Q is a universal app.
What id does is emulate its own x86 architecture with its own bios..

Probably doesn't help you.

Q and XP is all you need to start. Feel free to experiment, it won't hurt you're system (although you shouldn't quote me on that)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.